DT Exclusive: Carlos Tevez apologizes to Manchester City

Three months and 10 million in fines after refusing Roberto Mancini's request that he warm up a second time during a Champions League match and then fleeing back to Argentina without permission, Carlos Tevez has apologized to the club that could not sell him. The following is a transcript of Tevez's apology, with the help of his adviser Kia Joorabchian, to the man who vowed that Carlos would never play for City again.

Joorabchian: Roberto, if you have a minute, Carlos has something he would like to say to you. I will translate for him.

Mancini: Fine. Go ahead, Carlos.

Tevez: (clears his throat) Ungggh.

Joorabchian: Carlos says, "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club."

Mancini: He clearly did not say any of that.

Joorabchian: Yes, he did. You know very well that Carlos doesn't speak English. Now, please, accept his apology so we can all move on.

Mancini: He clearly didn't!

Tevez: I did.

Mancini: Oh, now he can speak English.

Joorabchian: No, no, no, don't be silly! Again, Carlos does not speak English even though he's lived in England for five years. Those were just random sounds emitted by his body that happened to sound like words. He didn't mean that. He's very sorry for what happened.

Maradona: No, he's not! You are a terrible manager, Mancini! Carlos needs someone who appreciates him and rubs his belly and gives him t! reats!

Mancini: What are you doing here, Diego? This is none of your business!

Maradona: You care too much about defending! And you're tall like a Canadian!

Mancini: Carlos, apologize for real so we can be done with this!

Tevez: I already did.

Mancini: Well do it again.

Tevez: No. I did it once, I'm not doing it again.

Mancini: I hate you.

Tevez: Hahaha I know.

Maradona: I hate Pele!


Comments