Gareth Bale calls Charlie Adam a coward, wont accept apology for dangerous tackle

Gareth Bale, who recently drew the misguided ire of Sepp Blatter for playing on Spurs' preseason U.S. tour and not for Team GB in the Olympics after making a quicker than expected return from a back injury, was the victim of a cynical challenge from Liverpool's Charlie Adam during a friendly in Baltimore. This isn't the first time Bale has been hurt by a Charlie Adam tackle, either. So now Bale has labeled him "a bit of a coward" and said he wouldn't accept an apology, even though one hasn't been offered.

From The Mirror:

"From what I've seen of him on pitch, I think he's a bit of a coward," said the Wales star insisted afterwards. [...]

"There are pictures on the internet of what he did before when he snapped all my ankle ligaments," said Bale.

"I was out for three months that time and one player told me he went out to do the same thing to me again.

"Seriously, I haven't ever done anything to him. He's obviously come for me twice now and he's got me twice.[...]

"He's done it before, so I'm not going to accept his apology."

The picture of when Adam stomped on Bale's ankle while he was still with Blackpool can be seen here. And video of the latest offending challenge can be seen right this way...

So why would Charlie Adam be repeatedly out to get Gareth Bale (and in a friendly no less)? Jealousy? Misguided anger? Maybe he's just been watching too many Paul Scholes clips on YouTube.

This has been the Dirty Tackle of the Day: a chronicling of unfortunate event! s.


Comments