Thiago Silva didnt want to leave Milan, apologizes to fans

When a player that fans wanted to keep moves away from a club, the player is usually the first to be blamed for being greedy, heartless or just a flat-out heel. But after completing his joint move to PSG with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva has decided to make it clear that he didn't want to leave Milan and he wasn't lured away by PSG's riches.

From FourFourTwo:

"I was happy with the transfer and sad about my exit from Milan because I experienced there were some strong emotions there," he said. [...]

"People call me a mercenary, which leaves me upset. I am not making more money at PSG. This is not my fault, I would like to apologise to the fans.

"This was a difficult situation for me: I did not want to leave Milan, and neither did my family. But it was a positive thing because [PSG sporting director] Leonardo and Carlo Ancelotti called me.

It's easy to apologize after saying "this is not my fault" and it's already been established that Milan shipped two of their best players off to Paris for a tidy sum of money and the hope of future savings, but this shows that sometimes it's the clubs that are responsible for the misguided "mercenary" tag players too often get labeled with.

Zlatan, meanwhile, is only sorry that you don't appreciate him more.


Comments