Man City new boy Savic injured Roberto Mancini in training

Man City new boy Savic injured Roberto Mancini in training

If clattering your new manager in preseason training is a good way to endear yourself to him then Man City's 20-year-old defender Stefan Savic is off to a great start. Ahead of Monday night's 2-1 win over Vancouver, Roberto Mancini was playing alongside his team in training when Savic took him out with a tough challenge.

From the Telegraph:

Mancini received no sympathy from any of his sometimes rebellious players, though, with Joe Hart declaring: "It was awesome, I was watching it. Brilliant. The gaffer was training and Stefan properly did him. I think that's a statement of intent. The gaffer took it well, I think he'd love all that.

"Everyone had a laugh about it, I was roaring with laughter. I liked it. You train as you want to play."

"If the boss wants to get involved in training I think he should realise he will get the treatment off the players.

Mancini reportedly limped away from the tackle and had to ice his ankle, most likely while planning to tell Mario Balotelli that if he has to throw darts at anyone, to make it Savic.


Comments