Tom Cleverley '100 per cent' ahead of new Manchester United season

Manchester United's Tom Cleverley (right) in action for Team GB

Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley is "one hundred per cent" fit ahead of the new Premier League season.

The Reds take on Everton next Monday as they bid to win back the Premier League title, and Cleverley feels in great shape after his preparation with Team GB at the Olympics.

Hetold MUTV: "I've been away for a few weeks now but to come back into a good game in a good stadium and be playing with the world class players we've got only helps your game, so it's good to be back.

"I think the Olympics has been good for me. I've got six games under my belt including the two friendlies so I feel one hundred percent. I'm happy and looking forward to the season."

Cleverley was a key part of United's explosive start to the 2011/12 campaign but his progress was then upset by injury.

He will be keen for a run of games this time around, especially given the competition from new arrivals Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell.

Manchester United to increase offer for Robin van Persie

Click here to sign up to our new free Fantasy Football game where 100,000 is up for grabs - you'll be up and running in less than five minutes.

What would be your midfield against Everton? Have your say.


Tweet

Comments