Mourinho: No one will shut me up, probably laughs maniacally

Mourinho: No one will shut me up, probably laughs maniacally

The day before the Spanish Super Cup kicks off another season of highly entertaining and extremely childish antics between Barcelona and Real Madrid, Jose Mourinho has reclaimed his throne in front of the press and announced what everyone already knew.

From the AP:

[T]he Real Madrid coach had a clear message for all ahead of Sunday's Spanish Supercup first-leg match against Barcelona: "No one will shut me up."

Saturday was the Portuguese coach's first news conference in Spain since a 3-2 defeat to Zaragoza, which came after a 2-0 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League semifinals on April 27. Then, Mourinho went on a long-winded rant claiming Barcelona's recent successes were down to preferential treatment from referees and UEFA.

When asked what he had learned from the entire episode, Mourinho was clear again: "I learned you can't tell the truth."

Mourinho went on to say, "I don't talk about Barcelona. I only talk about my team." And "I won't talk about the Champions League for as long as I'm sanctioned [five matches]." But given the overriding statement of "NO ONE WILL SHUT ME UP," I'm thinking he had his fingers crossed when he said those other things. Especially since by saying that he doesn't talk about Barcelona, he is, in fact, talking about Barcelona.

The doldrums of summer are over. Let the taunts and UNICEF conspiracy theories begin!

Photo: AP


Comments