Future News: Aguero says Premier League is too easy

Future News: Aguero says Premier League is too easy

After coming off the bench to score two goals and set up another during his Premier League debut in Manchester City's 4-0 win over newly promoted Swansea City, Sergio "Kun" Aguero has stated that the league is far too easy for him.

"To be honest, I'm very disappointed," Aguero told reporters at Man City's training ground. "I thought this was the best league in the world. But everyone is so bad."

Spurs legend and fellow Argentine Ossie Ardiles has tipped Aguero to win the Golden Boot in his first season with the FA Cup winners -- a prediction with which Aguero himself seems to agree.

"I feel like everyone is playing a joke on me. Even my teammates. I tell them to play for real, but they continue to be inferior. I asked Gareth Barry if he was a real footballer or an accountant pretending to be one and he started to cry. What is going on here?"

Despite his poor first impression of the Premier League, the Argentine international, who scored 20 goals for Atletico Madrid last season, remains hopeful that his view will change as the season goes on.

"I think I might tie my legs together so I only score two or three goals every game instead of five or six. I'm starting to feel bad. Gareth Barry won't stop crying."

Photo: Getty


Comments