Domenech Talks: Its His Fault That It Was Everyone Elses Fault

Raymond-Domenech-006

The last we saw of Raymond Domenech, he was immersed in a witness protection program masquerading as some sort of poker crash course. Now that the moneys dried up from that little venture, hes back for more cash with his very first exclusive post-World Cup meltdown interview to be released amidst pomp and several forms of circumstance tomorrow. Excerpts are available, and theyve hooked the public with juicy nuggets in typical Raymond fashion mostly name-calling and the pointing of unemployed fingers.

Raymond:


Everyone is talking instead of me, he said in extracts that appeared on the newspapers website. I want to restore the truth. Im not the moron that people are describing me as.

Lets be clear: I got it wrong, I mustnt have chosen the right players nor found the words that were needed. I do not accept the criticism of politicians, nor that of former players who have turned to journalism, but that does not prevent me from drawing my own evaluation.

Describing the day [of the training strike], and his attempts to talk his players around, Domenech said: It was more than an hour that we had been there. It was really necessary that someone take responsibility and stop that charade. All the cameras were focused on the bus, hundreds of kids were waiting on the sidelines. We were the laughing stock of the world.

Following the tournament, Evra, Franck Ribry, Jeremy Toulalan and Eric Abidal took the bulk of the blame and suspensions for their role in the incident, but Domenech said all the players acted together.

If there were any [leaders], I di! d not se e them. Every time I went up [into the bus], there was no one, he said. At this point, I told myself that they went crazy and they dont realise. Now I know I was wrong: they knew very well what they were doing. They even closed the curtains of the bus to hide themselves from cameras. With hindsight, I see them mainly as a bunch of foolhardy brats.

Above all, I do not want controversy. I have had offers for the theatre, for the cinema Nothing on TV, no. Honestly, how can we imagine me in a reality television show? he said.

Is he intimating Frances World Cup 2010 show wasnt reality TV?

And calling them foolhardy brats shouldnt create any controversy or vitriolic rebuttals flying through press channels. Not at all.


Comments